Spur of the Moment Ranch welcomes pet dogs and service dogs.
Pet dogs are domestic or tame animals kept for companionship or pleasure. Owners of pet dogs are required to present proof of rabies vaccination as part of admission to the Ranch. Owners are charged $10/day/per dog for pet dogs in a cabin. Dogs in campsites are $10/stay. Dogs will be checked in; owners will be required to fill out a condition sheet on the cabin upon arrival. Any damage done in the cabin will be charged to the owner.
Service dogs are welcome at the ranch. A service animal means any dog or other animal that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability. Tasks performed can include, among other things, pulling a wheelchair, retrieving dropped items, alerting a person to a sound, reminding a person to take medication, or pressing an elevator button. We do not charge the $10 per day fee for service dogs or animals.
There is no exception from our $10 daily charge for dogs who are “emotional support animals.” We are a place of lodging. Under the applicable laws, we are not required to accommodate requests for admission of emotional support animals. It is our policy not to admit emotional support animals. Dogs who meet our requirements as pets are welcome, but will be charged $10/day/per dog even if the owner has a note from a doctor or provider. Other emotional support animals, comfort animals, and therapy animals are not admitted under Title II and Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Spur of the Moment Resort is Pet Friendly…For Fun, Dogs can bring their people too! Families enjoy bringing their dogs to the ranch. Cabins are easily accessible to out of doors. There are great places to go hiking, kayaking with your dogs. Many of our canines enjoy sleeping at the fire pits with their owners. Some things to keep in mind so that your dog and you have a great experience are the following:
- Bring familiar items from home i.e. food bowl, water bowl, blanket, kennel so your dog feels safe and at home.
- Dogs do not have to be on leash, but they need to respond to your commands and come with distractions present.
- When at the ranch, remember that you are in the forest, there are routinely rabbits, squirrels, as well as fox, coyotes, raccoons, porcupines, etc. freely roaming the landscape. Particularly dogs ruled by noses will follow a scent and can easily be lost if you are not watching.
- Although dogs are able to interact with other people and dogs, it should be a mutually agreed on experience.
- Please remember that dogs who do not travel frequently may become stressed if you leave them unattended; they will bark or destroy things. Some people manage pet anxiety by closing shades; turning on TV or fan for noise; a small kennel works well if it is something they use at home.
- Thank you for being a responsible pet owner.
Here are a few of our pet guests enjoying the resort with their owners. Pets – tell your owners you want to go!